What is the Equal Challenge Tournament?
The Newport Beach Table Tennis Club equal challenge gives beginner players a unique advantage against their more experienced competitors. Our custom points system allows beginners to advance confidently in the sport of table tennis, while at the same time giving seasoned pros the opportunity to flex their skills. This is an excellent and unique method for new students to gauge their aptitude, build confidence and focus on progress.
In order to maximize the playing experience, we have put in place a strict set of guidelines that must be adhered to by all player. Inquire with our team for details.
What do you need to play the Equal Challenge Tournament at the Newport Beach Table Tennis Club?
Bring your table tennis paddle and your desire to play and win!
Keep in mind that with our custom point system, beginner players have a better chance of winning the more they engage in table tennis. If this is your first time, then we urge you to cast aside the score and forget about the level of the other players. Your chance to shine is on its way!
The key lies in participation. The more you play, the more chances you have to win.
What are the mental traits that the Newport Beach Table Tennis community embodies in order to excel at this sport?
- Competitiveness: Athletes are encouraged to give their all and play at their maximum performance
- Determination: A greater will to persevere due to increased pressure from tighter matches
- Endurance: Due to the nature of the sport, semifinalists and winners are chosen through an elimination process
When will the Equal Challenge Tournament start?
We will start the tournament on October 5, 2012 at 6:30PM, with games every Friday thereafter. So fix your schedule, we guarantee you will have a ton of fun!
How much does the Equal Challenge Tournament cost to play?
The cost to play is a low fee of $10 per player
Easy rules to remember
- Show up around 6:00pm so you can stretch and warm up. We start at 6:30PM sharp
- Leave your bag in our locker rooms
- No bags allowed on the game area